Sunday, February 8, 2015

Celebrate 2015: (Day Eight) Pamela Crane

Title: A Fatal Affair (a free novella) by Pamela Crane
Title:The Admirer’s Secret by Pamela Crane


Title: A Secondhand Life (release date April 2015) by Pamela Crane
iTunes

Summary for A Secondhand Life:

In a freak collision when she was twelve, Mia Germaine faced death and the loss of her father. A heart transplant from a young murder victim saved her life, but not without a price. Twenty years later, chilling nightmares about an unresolved homicide begin to plague Mia. Compelled by these lost memories, she forms a complicated connection to the victim—the girl killed the night of Mia’s accident—due to a scientific phenomenon called “organ memory.”

Now suffocating beneath the weight of avenging a dead girl and catching a serial killer on the loose dubbed the “Triangle Terror,” Mia must dodge her own demons while unimaginable truths torment her—along with a killer set on making her his next victim.

As Mia tries to determine if her dreams are clues or disturbing phantasms, uninvited specters lead her further into danger’s path, costing her the one person who can save her from herself. More than a page-turning thriller, "A Secondhand Life" weaves a tale of second chances and reclaimed dreams as this taut, refreshing tale ensnares and penetrates you.

Interview:

Thanks for being here!
1.Why did you become an author?
I wrote my first full-length book, The Admirer’s Secret, as a form of therapy after a traumatic experience with a stalker and based my book loosely on those events. However, I soon became addicted to writing and continue pumping books out.
 
2.What is your favourite book and why?
My favorite book written by another author is a hard question to answer. I fall in love with new books every month, so I can’t really say I have a favorite.

3.Please list three things your readers don’t know about you
I have a lot of secrets, so there’s a bit of fodder I could offer, but three basic things about me: I started a horse rescue to take in neglected horses, I’m borderline OCD, and I recently found out I’m pregnant with my fourth child! Scary!

4.What does writing mean to you?
I live and breathe writing. I’ve been passionate about the written word since childhood. I even became a professional editor and literary judge by trade… but writing my own stuff… it’s so liberating! If I couldn’t write, well, my soul would probably shrivel up.   

5.If the world blew up, and you were the only person left, what would you do?
Write about it! Lol If the world was blown up, am I floating in outer space alone? If there’s remnants of the earth left, I guess I would trek somewhere really warm and create my own little utopia.
6.Do you get writer’s block, and if so how do you deal with it?
Not really. Even just re-reading what I’ve already written unblocks any literary constipation I might have.

7.Please tell the story of your writing journey- how you started, getting published.
Back in 2006 I wrote my first book, The Admirer’s Secret, to mentally work through a trauma. After I finished, I proposed it to several agents and got picked up by one. But as it turns out, she was a writer herself and got too busy promoting her own stuff, so my book got put in her never-ending to-do list and she never really represented it to publishers. Eventually I ended my contract with her and presented my book to easily 100 publishers. A small house took a chance on it, and I haven’t looked back since!
8.What would your job be if writing wasn’t an option?
Editing is my other career passion, and I love doing it. Though, being a mother of three is a full-time job too…

9.What do you do when you’re not writing?
Changing diapers, laundry, cleaning up spills, vacuuming dog and cat hair, and when I’m lucky riding my horses.
10.Where do you find your inspiration for writing?
My literary inspiration comes from real-life experiences and people I meet. There’s awesome story material all around us!
Thanks for coming. :)

Writing advice:


Give your characters life, breath, and depth. If possible, base them on real people you know, because that will help give you a better idea of how to create their mannerisms, their appearances, their personalities. My characters are so important to me, and I can easily flash an image of each one in my head because they are real people in my life. The more real they are to you, the more real they will be to your readers. After all, it’s the characters who sell the story. If we don’t feel connected to them, we won’t feel a connection to the story.

Author Bio:


Pamela Crane is a North Carolinian writer of the best-selling psychological thriller The Admirer’s Secret, A Fatal Affair, and her upcoming novel, A Secondhand Life. Along with being a wife and mom of three rug rats, she is a wannabe psychologist, though most people just think she needs to see one. She’s a member of the ITW, ACFW, and EFA, and has been involved in the ECPA, Christy Awards, and Romance Writers of America. Along with delving into people’s minds—or being the subject of their research—she enjoys being a literary reviewer and riding her proud Arabian horse, when he lets her. She has a passion for adventure, and her hopes are to keep earning enough from her writing to travel the world in search of more good story material. Visit her at http://www.pamelacrane.com or follow her on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pamela.crane.52 . You can pick up a copy of her books on Amazon.com, or most online retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it, and I will respond asap. I value all comments, constructive criticism included.