Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Book Tour: Find me in Manhattan (Interview)


New Adult Contemporary Romance
Date Published: March 25, 2015



Find Me in Manhattan is a stand-alone spin-off novel from the Finding Series.
Sarah Grant is finally living her dream in the Big Apple. While working to achieve her life’s ambitions, she becomes ensnared by the charming and charismatic Jameson Carmichael. Just when Jameson threatens Sarah’s safety, a dream-worthy hero falls in her lap making her question everything she had ever believed about herself.
Sergeant Michael Pearson is merely existing in this nightmare he calls life. He is attempting to have a normal existence, while struggling to discover who he is after the army. When an opportunity save someone arises, he doesn’t hesitate, but Michael doesn’t realize that he is rescuing the one woman in a city of millions that can make him want to truly live again.
Sarah and Michael discover a connection that runs deep, but can they find love in a city known for heartbreak?



Interview: 

1. Where did you find your inspiration for Find Me in Manhattan? 

Sarah appeared in my first book, Finding Me Finding You. She was someone special that stuck out to me as someone who wanted to escape her life down south. Where better to escape the south but in the big apple? That's how her story began. Since she made such bad choices with me in Finding Me, Finding You, I knew that it was going to be a man who made her story come to life, and that was how her story took off.

2. Do you like Background Noise (e.g. music) while you're writing?  

Yes. I either watch television or listen to playlists on Spotify.

3. Why/ why not? 

Silence is disturbing, and music often sets the mood. 

4. A monster has come along, and stolen your ability to write. The monster will give you back your writing ability if you give it something in return. What would you give? 

I would give up my ability to talk, and I love to talk, but I love to write more. 

5. Why?  

I can communicate far better in writing. I am the queen on sticking my foot in my mouth. Writing is a much better option for me.

6. Do you have an author blog? 

I do. I have one on my website and one on Goodreads.  

7. If so, what do you post on it? 

I write about whatever tickles my fancy. I write about blogs I love, what's going on with my books, and whatever else is on my mind. I don't blog enough though. I should really get on that.

8. Do you believe in promoting other authors as well as yourself and why? 

Absolutely. In fact, you should check out Ryan Ringbloom, Kristen Luciani, and Mia Rivers. They are my critique buddies, and their books are amazing! 

9. If you had to pick a theme song for Find Me In Manhattan, what would you choose? 

Human by Christina Perri - it really sums up the struggle of the main characters.


10. Are you an avid reader as well as an author? 

Oh yes. I used to read about a book a day, but now I split my free time between my one year old daughter and writing.  

YouTube Video


Interview: 


Purchase Links

Find Me in Manhattan

Other Books in this Series

Finding Me, Finding You

Finding Us

Author bio:

Shealy James is a Georgia native who teaches middle school by day and disappears into the world of fiction at night.  She is an avid reader and writer who hopes to one day write full time and leave the world of middle school angst behind. A sucker for love and happy endings, Shealy likes to combine humor and drama to create stories that are both emotional as well as entertaining. 
Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it, and I will respond asap. I value all comments, constructive criticism included.