Friday, October 16, 2015

Orange Team Questions

Personal questions


Introduce yourself!
I’m Christina and I blog at booksandprejudice.blogspot.com


What are your other hobbies outside of reading and blogging?
I write.  A lot.  I have one novel completed and am working on another during NaNoWriMo.  I’m hoping to be published one day.  I also (much to the chagrin of my coworkers) sing all the time.


What do you do for a living?
I work in a lab.  Currently, I run HPLCs for EPA drinking water methods (and now I totally lost everyone).


Blog questions


How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in January.


What made you want to start a book blog?
This is tough.  I had been reading book bogs for a while.  And I would talk about the books I was reading to everyone.  Particularly people that didn’t want to hear it (lol).  I had been thinking about starting a blog.  And finally last January one of my old college professors convinced me to do so.


Who are your blogging inspirations?
I think the first blog I started reading was Rachel at Beauty and the Bookshelf.


What has been your favorite or most memorable moment of book blogging?
Definitely this last week.  It didn’t happen on my blog, but… Jodi Meadows’ reviewer appreciation giveaway.  I WON!  And I think I would have sold my soul for an ARC of The Mirror King. So now I can die happy.


What does blogging mean to you?
That’s tough.  I think it helps me to be a better writer.


What plans do you have for your blog in the future?
I’m hoping to have my blog (at some point) more focused on writing rather than reviews.  I am personally not fond of reading or writing reviews.  But I would like to have more content about my journey in trying to get published.


What advice or tips would you give to new bloggers?
I guess this is said over and over again but…. Don’t be afraid to make new friends.  Comment on other blogs.  Talk to people on twitter.


Is there anything you wish you would have known starting out that would have greatly helped you in your blogging journey?
This blogging thing is like a full time job lol. But you can take a break whenever you want or need to.


Reading questions


What was your gateaway book to reading?
Hmm… I loved to read when I was young.  But when I started getting older, I was such a slow reader that it became a huge chore to me.  I didn’t do well in English in school because I was unable to finish my reading on time.  And because I wasn’t enjoying the reading.  In high school I finally started enjoying it a bit more.  And in college I enjoyed most of the books that the professors picked for classes.  But I still didn’t really read for enjoyment.  It was about my graduation time when my professor (that same one from above) told me I should read The Hunger Games.  I brushed her off a bit.  But a while later I saw it in BJs really cheap and bought it.  It was so different from anything I had read before.  I devoured it in a day.  And that was when I started really reading for pleasure.


Who is your favorite author?
Jodi Meadows


What is/are your favorite book(s)?
Way to kill me.  I will list many, many books.  The Newsoul Series, The Orphan Queen, The Darkest minds series, Graceling, The Winner’s Series, etc


Favorite character(s)?
It changes so much!  I read a new book and I have a new favorite character.


Favorite genre?
Fantasy


What is an instant turn off in a book for you?
Cheating


Recommend some books that you think everyone should read!
Oh gosh.  I feel like this will be similar to what was above… so… different.
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Linden Hills by Gloria Naylor
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells

Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it, and I will respond asap. I value all comments, constructive criticism included.