25944385The Siren by Kiera Cass
Publisher: HarperTeen
Goodreads Summary: 
Kahlen is a Siren, bound to serve the Ocean by luring humans to watery graves with her voice, which is deadly to any human who hears it. Akinli is human—a kind, handsome boy who's everything Kahlen ever dreamed of. Falling in love puts them both in danger . . . but Kahlen can't bear to stay away. Will she risk everything to follow her heart?

The Siren was previously self-published; this brand-new edition has been completely rewritten and redesigned.
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: 
I really enjoyed The Siren, but there were a few parts of it that I thought came out of nowhere, hence me giving it 4 stars.

I both liked and disliked how Kiera Cass referred to The Ocean as 'She', 'Me,' 'Her'. I liked the reference, but I thought it would've been more effective and less strange if she'd just used italics instead of capitalization, which I never got used to.

I usually don't mind 'insta-love' that much, being a romantic myself, but I didn't really understand how Kahlen just suddenly starting interacting with humans and meeting someone special. However, I was satisfied with how Kiera Cass dealt with the romance side of things.

Kahlen and the other sirens are said to go into the ocean and sea salt dresses magically form around them. I found this a little strange, and not elaborated enough.

Aisling is by far my favourite character. Even with everything I disliked about The Siren, Aisling was the one perfect part. I may not have liked most of The Siren that much, but I really enjoyed the ending. I felt like it was a hard-earned perfect happily ever after.
Purchase Location: Borrowed From Library
Edition:
Paperback
Buy the book:
 Book Depository
Recommended for: Fans of the myths of Sirens.