What shall I write about today? I pondered as I realised it was time for another discussion. I don't remember exactly when I came up with this topic, but likely in class sometime when someone made an obnoxious, uneducated comment. Anyway, it gave me this thought: are non-readers less intelligent?

As much as I love the idea of this being a thing, I don't think it is. Reading definitely makes you smarter, as Curiosity outlines in this article, but that doesn't mean that people who don't read are stupid. I know many people who don't read on a regular basis but still excel at school.

However, what I do think is true, is that not having the ability to read fluently stops you from learning. You all know that person who really sucks at reading out loud, stumbling over words, but they speak perfectly fine, right? Okay, maybe it's just me. But still.

Do you think not reading hinders advances in your intelligence?