Taste of Darkness (Healer #3) by Maria V. Snyder
Publisher: HarlequinTeen Australia
Goodreads Summary: 
She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat: The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.

Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.
Rating: 5 Stars
Review: 
By chance, I stumbled upon Taste of Darkness at my local library during one of my rare trips to the second floor, teen space. One lucky glance on my favourite collection of shelves, M-Z, and I saw it. Taste of Darkness, the third book in the series that I have been desperate to find and read, a book I didn't know existed until a few months ago.

I didn't really put much effort into finding this book when I discovered it existed, but now that I've read it I know I should've. I spent over two years thinking that Scent of Magic was the last book in the series, reeling at the ending.

I sacrificed my day to read Taste of Darkness, and it was so, so worth it. Avry brought a day of positivity into my usually mellow life, and I enjoyed reading about her adventures for possibly the last time, unless I re-read the series, which I probably will.

Oh, Kerrick. I love him so much! While I don't recall a lot from Toubh of Power and Scent of Magic, I definitely remember Avry, Kerrick, and Tohon. Tohon is the kind of super villain that has an obsession with the heroine. Avry herself is very selfless. She refuses to give up on Kerrick, and I respect her for it.

Battle plans, politics, and a struggle of power, they all happen in Maria V. Snyder's awesome fantasy world. I love all the plot twists, close encounters with death only bring Avry and her friends closer together. Surprises await them with every turn of the page. If you haven't read Touch of Power, you definitely need to; only when you start reading will you realise how much you are missing out on.
Purchase Location: Borrowed From Library
Edition:
Paperback
Buy the book:
Book Depository
Recommended for: Fans of adventure books, struggle and romance.