Before I get into the post, a (quick) announcement: I'm leaving this blog! But don't worry, I'll still be blogging over at Daydreaming Ink, my new blog. Basically, I just wanted a fresh start, and I'll go into it in more detail on my first post there, on January 1. Hope to see you there! 


EDIT EDIT EDIT I FINISHED THE A-Z CHALLENGE!!!!!!!

It seems only fair that this would be the last post here. After all, I have to include any last minute reads I squeeze in to make myself feel better about the reading slump this year was (I feel so old, not reading heaps of books as I used to). I have yet to complete the A-Z challenge, but I shall post updates and we'll see if this ends up happening.


Wow, I actually read a decent amount this month?! For now, it goes to Restore Me because how can anyone compete with a comeback to the Shatter Me series, love of a few years ago?

Runner-ups:

- Queen of Air and Darkness
- Muse of Nightmares / The President is Missing (though they are so completely different)


The Towering Sky (The Thousandth Floor #3) by Katharine McGee
First Sentence: "There has always been something otherworldly about the first snow of the year in New York."

The President is Missing by Bill Clinton,  James Patterson, David Ellis (Ghostwriter)
First Sentence: "The House Select Committee will come to order..."

Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
First Sentence: "A lot of people wonder how Chinese parents raise such stereotypically successful kids."

The Triple Package by Amy Chua,  Jed Rubenfeld
First Sentence: "It is one of humanity's enduring mysteries why some individuals rise from unpromising origins to great heights, when so many others, facing similar obstacles and with seemingly similar capabilities, don't rise at all."

[Warning this one is a potential spoiler, skip if you have yet to read QoAaD] Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3) by Cassandra Clare
First Sentence: "There was blood on the Council dais, blood on the steps, blood on the walls and the floor and the shattered remnants of the Mortal Sword."

You (You #1) by Caroline Kepnes
First Sentence: "You walk into the bookstore and you keep your hand on the door to make sure it doesn't slam."

Infamous (Beautiful Idols #3) by Alyson Noel
First Sentence: "Spotlight magazine exclusive!"

Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2) by Laini Taylor
First Sentence: "Kora and Nova had never seen a Mesarthim, but they all knew about them."

Restore Me (Shatter Me #4) by Tahereh Mafi
First Sentence: "I don't wake up screaming anymore."

Violets are Blue (Alex Cross #7) by James Patterson
First Sentence: "Nothing ever starts where we think it does."

Zenith (The Androma Saga #1) by Sasha Alsberg, Lindsay Cummings
First Sentence: "Endless darkness."

Die For Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum
First Sentence: "The first time I had seen the statue in the fountain, I had no idea what Vincent was."

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
First Sentence:

Unearthed (Unearthed #1) by Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
First Sentence: "This is really, really not going the way I'd planned."

XVI (XVI #1) by Julia Karr
First Sentence: "Panic clutched at my throat, I glanced around, looking for anyone out of the ordinary, but everyone appeared normal – except for their confused looks."

Average page count per day:
205

Total page count:
6349 pages over 31 days.