This is my first time using my new review template!!
Omens (Cainsville #1) by Kelley Arsmtrong
Publisher: Dutton
Goodreads Summary: Twenty-four-year-old Olivia Taylor Jones has the perfect life. The only daughter of a wealthy, prominent Chicago family, she has an Ivy League education, pursues volunteerism and philanthropy, and is engaged to a handsome young tech firm CEO with political ambitions.

But Olivia’s world is shattered when she learns that she’s adopted. Her real parents? Todd and Pamela Larsen, notorious serial killers serving a life sentence. When the news brings a maelstrom of unwanted publicity to her adopted family and fiancé, Olivia decides to find out the truth about the Larsens.

Olivia ends up in the small town of Cainsville, Illinois, an old and cloistered community that takes a particular interest in both Olivia and her efforts to uncover her birth parents’ past.

Aided by her mother’s former lawyer, Gabriel Walsh, Olivia focuses on the Larsens’ last crime, the one her birth mother swears will prove their innocence. But as she and Gabriel start investigating the case, Olivia finds herself drawing on abilities that have remained hidden since her childhood, gifts that make her both a valuable addition to Cainsville and deeply vulnerable to unknown enemies. Because there are darker secrets behind her new home and powers lurking in the shadows that have their own plans for her.
Rating: 5+ Stars
Review:  I love Kelley Armstrong. I always have, and always will. Omens is a series I only came across via goodreads, but I'm glad I did come across it, and I'm lucky my library orders every Kelley Armstrong book that is released.

Omens definitely didn't disappoint. I can't wait to continue and read Visions, and then Deceptions. Kelley Armstrong is unforgettable, and I am definitely going to read more of her.

Olivia is someone that people hate. But, she doesn't want sympathy; she just wants the truth, which makes her really admirable. Gabriel is mysterious, arrogant, and different. I was instantly intrigued by his character and personality, and I'm sure you will be too.

Kelley Armstrong write everything. Before Omens I'd only read Young Adult Fantasy/ Paranormal Romance by her, but she has proven that she has expert research skills and she can also write absolutely brilliant murder mysteries as well.
Purchase Location: Borrowed from Library
Edition: Paperback
Buy the book: Amazon|Barnes & Noble
Recommended for: Anyone who loves YA.