Soldier (Talon #3) by Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Goodreads Summary: 
The price of freedom is everything.

When forced to choose between safety with the dragon organization Talon and being hunted forever as an outcast, Ember Hill chose to stand with Riley and his band of rogue dragons rather than become an assassin for Talon. She’s lost any contact with her twin brother, Dante, a Talon devotee, as well as Garret, the former-enemy soldier who challenged her beliefs about her human side.

As Ember and Riley hide and regroup to fight another day, Garret journeys alone to the United Kingdom, birthplace of the ancient and secret Order of St. George, to spy on his former brothers and uncover deadly and shocking secrets that will shake the foundations of dragons and dragonslayers alike and place them all in imminent danger as Talon’s new order rises.
Rating: 5 Stars
Review: 
After reading a few pages, I decided to check the page count, which caused me to accidentally flip to page near the end, and read it. The words written on that bloodstained page killed me. Still, I found the page count, went back to the start, and kept reading. A while later, I forgot about the page. But when I reached that page once more, I literally died.

I enjoyed reading Talon and Rogue, but they'd just been typical 'good' reads. Solider definitely isn't typical at all. I expected that it would be like it's predecessors, yet Soldier surpassed them by miles.

The Ember/Garret/Riley love triangle is super complicated, even more so in Soldier. Ember discovers that she'll have to choose between her human side and her dragon side, when facts from the old world are revealed. The epilogue also reveals the truth about Ember and Dante, why they're so special. I absolutely love Garret, and don't get me wrong, Riley is awesome, but I say Garret and Ember, or no ship.

I've always loved reading Julie Kagawa's fantasy novels, and Soldier definitely beat my expectations. I cannot wait for book four, Legion, and the drama that accompanies it. I know it's going to be just as explosive, well written and addicting, if not more.
Purchase Location: Borrowed From Library
Edition:
Paperback
Buy the book:
Book Depository
Recommended for: Fans of high fantasy, Julie Kagawa books and adventure.