Loving Kalvin (The Kennedy Boys #4) by Siobhan Davis
Goodreads Summary: A friends-to-lovers second-chance romance from USA Today bestseller Siobhan Davis. Standalone with HEA and no cliffhanger. 

Lana 
I knew it would end in disaster, but I didn’t listen to reason. I didn’t care. Because I loved him so much.
Kalvin Kennedy ruled my heart.
Until he destroyed it.
Shattered it so completely that I became someone else. Someone I loathed. Someone who repeatedly lied to her loved ones.
So, I ran.
From him. From myself. Desperate to hide my new reality.
But I could only run so far.
When he reappears in my life, I’m terrified. Unbelievably scared of facing the consequences of my actions.
Never mind that I still love him and want him so badly—there’s too much at stake now.
How can I trust him with the biggest secret of all when he’s likely to rip my world apart again?

Kalvin 
Lana was always far too good for me. Everyone knew it but her.
I tried to stay away, but I was weak.
And I hurt her.
Crushed her until she barely resembled herself. Forced her to follow a path she would never have willingly chosen.
And then she was gone.
And my world has never felt as empty, as lonely.
She begged me to stay away. Not to find her. To forget she ever existed.
But that’s like asking me to slice my heart in two and toss half aside.
I’ve never believed in fate, but when I rock up to the University of Florida, I’m ready to eat my words.
Because she’s here. Like I hoped she would be. And I’m determined to prove I deserve a second chance.
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: 
Kalvin Kennedy has only had one girl in his heart; Lana Taylor. When they bump into each other at the University of Florida, Kal knows he has to win her back. Lana still remembers the bittersweet moment when she wrote the letter to Kal asking him to leave her alone. When she seems him in Florida, she doesn't know what to do. Staying away doesn't feel like an option...

The dual perspectives highlight different viewpoints. It shows us so much more insight into the story of Lana and Kalvin and also as to why it is this way. The author could've made their story simple, but Siobhan Davis makes sure it isn't too easy and the complications are realistic rather than overly drawn out and dramatic.

Lana's perspective helps readers understand why she made some bad decisions in earlier books, and showcases how she is dealing with the consequences and public backlash of them. Kalvin has really grown up since we last saw him, and it's so nice to see how much these two mean to each other, the amount they care about each other, and how hard they'll fight for each other.

Faye and Ky make brief appearances in Loving Kalvin as "phone call buddies", this may be Lana and Kalvin's story but we can't forget the couple that kicked off this series. I can't wait to see where Siobhan Davis goes with Saving Brad, which I'm sure will be a tale to rival Faye and Kyler's in levels of "I love you but let me pretend to hate you for the sake of it".

Loving Kalvin gives Lana and Kal the spotlight they deserve as they must work through their issues in order to get the best of one another. This tale of romance is one to have you swooning as you see what Kal will do to win back the only girl that has ever, and will ever matter to him.
Purchase Location: ~I received an e-ARC from the author and willingly reviewed it~
Edition:
 e-ARC
Buy the book:
Amazon
Recommended for: Fans of great romance books.