Whoa, I can't believe this year is almost over! It's truly been amazing, even with the downs. I've achieved so much, gone through so much, and emerged stronger than ever. I'll be sad to leave this one behind, but I can't wait for 2018 and the things I'm already looking forward to next year.

The year's not quite over yet so this count won't be totally accurate, but from 1/1/2017 to 24/12/2017, I read 34,065 pages across 126 books. That's an average 270 pages per book. The most popular book I read was Thirteen Reasons Why with 1,024,476 also reading the title, probably courtesy of the television show coming out this year. However even though I did end up watching the show, my reasons for reading the book were simply because a friend gifted me the book as a birthday present (hence the rarely seen edition featured on the left)

My average rating for the year was 4.0 stars. That's 0.4 stars lower than 2016, 0.9 lower than 2015 and 2014, and 1 star lower than 2013 (then again, I only joined Goodreads at the end of that year so maybe that explains the "perfect" ratings). I'm proud of my progress as a reader and reviewer, looking at books with a more critical eye actually allows me to enjoy books more because I recognise the amazing parts of it and appreciate them even more. This also helps me develop as a writer as I observe what works and doesn't work for me as a reader.

For 2017, I had a goal of 175 books because I wanted to read more. I ended up changing this to 125, which I barely achieved. It just shows how my time is lessening, as each year I've almost consistently read less, roughly 25 books per year since 2014's 200 book goal. It's a little sad, but I feel like my reading choices are getting better and even though I'm reading less, I'm learning/selecting my books better.

If you want to see my year in books in full, click here.

What about you? What reading goals have you achieved in 2017?