Whoa, it's been awhile since I've borrowed a Playaway from the library, and I'm already falling in love with them again! Trying to avoid midnight snacks, Playaways have become a good hobby to fill in that time. Here are thoughts on the three I recently borrowed:

The Princess Bitchface Syndrome by Michael Carr-Gregg

This wasn't a choice listen, my friend dared me to. I struggled but got through it I guess. Let's just say it was even more disappointing than the title suggests? The narrator's voice sounded obnoxious and monotone, at times I felt like falling asleep. As for good advice, I guess the book has a little of that. But if anyone actually wants good advice on the topic, I suggest you read Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence because it's a much better version of this.

1 star

Missing You by Harlan Coben

Certainly an interesting listen! There were many puzzle pieces to figure out, and listening rather than reading certainly didn't diminish from the experience; perhaps even adding to it, especially as I could hear the different voices employed for the characters. A fantastic book, a great listen.

4 stars

Hunted by Karen Robards

Started off good, finished great. The middle? Frustrating, and left me hooked at the end of chapter, but also wanting the story to just move on. Such a short amount of time told so extensively... A little too much for my taste. However there certainly were a lot of great parts which I definitely enjoyed! The romance is amazing, but again quite slow paced and at some points I just wanted to scream at them to just kiss rather than argue.

3 Stars