April's one of my favourite months of the year, and when it comes to reading it definitely couldn't compare to January but it wasn't nearly as terrible as March! As a lot of the month is in the holidays I got to enjoy a lot of relaxing and low stress which helped.


Anatomy of a Scandal because it was thought-provoking and unlike anything I've ever read before.

Runner-ups:

- Killman Creek
- Hellbent


Hellbent (Orphan X #3) by Gregg Hurwitz
First Sentence: "Evan's scuffed knuckles, a fetching post-fight shade of eggplant, lodged the sterring wheel."

Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake #2) by Rachel Caine
First Sentence: "On the twelfth night since my ex-husband escaped prison, I am in bed."

Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughan
First Sentence: "My wig slumps on my desk where I have tossed it."

Average page count per day:

38 pages

Total page count:

1131 over three books.

How did your reading this month compare to your January reading?