Title: Seven Weeks to Forever
Author: Jennifer Farwell
Publisher: Booktrope
Publication Date: January 8, 2015
Genre: Young Adult

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ B&N

Cassidy Jordan knows she’ll die a few weeks after her eighteenth birthday, and she can’t wait. This is her second time here, and she knows what’s waiting for her in The Life-After–the place most mistakenly call “the afterlife.” Getting back there is supposed to be easy: she just has to find nineteen-year-old Riley Davis and help him get his life on track.

By the time she finds him, though, she has only seven weeks to help him. Riley will die too young if she fails, and she’ll never see The Life-After or this life again.

But no one told her helping Riley would mean dating him; she hasn’t dated anyone since the love of her first life caused her death the last time she turned eighteen.

When Cassidy realizes she’s falling for Riley, she’s faced with a choice: give him the life he’s meant for and leave when it’s time, or give up eternity for the true love she’s never had, knowing Riley will die the same way she did in her first life and that her entire existence could end at any time.

Excerpt: 

Our fingers brush by accident when we turn around to head back to his car, and for just a second, I think he might take my hand in his. The second passes, though, and he shoves his hands into his pockets. I fumble with my purse, pretending to look for a stick of gum. We walk the rest of the way to the parking garage with about a foot of space between us. Yup, we’ve gone straight back to awkward. Dates are never a good idea.
The radio saves us when Riley starts the car. The song playing is just begging for me to make fun of it.
“Banjos?” I eye him as he pulls out of our parking spot. “Let’s try a rock station, maybe?”
He smirks. “It’s on a rock station.”
“What, did the music director blow out his eardrums at too many real rock shows?”
“Banjos are the new guitar solo. What cave have you been living in?”
“One with much better stations than this.” I lunge for the radio and change the station.
“Keep going,” he warns me. “There’s no dubstep allowed in this car.”
“Yet you allow banjos and call it rock.” I pretend to sigh. “This is a sad day for our friendship.”
“Guess I won’t be giving you my extra ticket to Mumford and Sons.” He turns out of the garage and onto the street.
“I have to wash my hair that night, anyway.”
“You don’t even know what night it is.”
“It doesn’t matter.”
He grins, keeping his eyes on the road. I take the opportunity to study him from out of the corner of my eye while pretending to look at something on my phone. When I focus I can see that our energy is joined together, which doesn’t surprise me since I’m tingling again. Little golden sparkles light up the space where our energy meets. The sparkles get bigger and multiply, and the tingling feeling grows stronger. It’s hard to think or speak, so I turn up the radio and we listen to the music blasting through the speakers for the rest of the drive.
I expect to say a quick goodbye in the car after we pull into my driveway, but Riley parks the car and gets out to come open my door. Ah, yes. The walk to the front porch. I know how this walk after a date used to end for me when I was Anna. I also know that kissing the person I’m here to help is a really bad idea.

The logical part of my brain doesn’t seem to be communicating with the rest of me, though. It’s as though I’m under a spell as I put one foot in front of the other, feeling Riley’s hand pressed against the small of my back. My body is going crazy with the tingling I feel. I must stumble, because he steadies me and we stop a few feet away from my front door.


Jennifer FarwellAUTHOR BIO:
Jennifer Farwell has been writing since the day she picked up a navy blue Crayola as a toddler and began scribbling on her parents' freshly painted white walls. She's the author of SEVEN WEEKS TO FOREVER and ROCK STAR'S GIRL. When not writing novels, she can often be found at a Kundalini yoga class, cheering on the L.A. Kings during hockey season, or curled up with a good book.





Her love of storytelling led to completing a Bachelor of Journalism degree and a Master of Arts degree in English, both from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. She grew up in Thunder Bay, Canada, and now lives in Los Angeles with her dog, Pico.

Find Jennifer!
Twitter: @jennfarwell
Snapchat: jennfarwell

logo for booktour-color-cream
This tour was organized by Good Tales Book Tours!