Title: The 5th Wave (based on the novel by Rick Yancey)
IMDB Summary: Four waves of increasingly deadly attacks have left most of Earth in ruin. Against a backdrop of fear and distrust, Cassie is on the run, desperately trying to save her younger brother. As she prepares for the inevitable and lethal fifth wave, Cassie teams up with a young man who may become her final hope - if she can only trust him.
Review: This was the first movie I officially saw in the cinemas for 2016!!

One of my favourite parts of the entire movie were the waves. They were both unrealistic (in a good way) and entertaining, I especially loved the voiceovers, to me they were really effective. The flashback scenes were a good addition and they would've really helped non-readers understand the backstory.
IMDB Page
Favourite Acts: Maika Monroe as Ringer
Alex Roe as Evan Walker
Chloe Grace Moretz as Cassie Sullivan

Favourite quotes: Cassie Sullivan: "I thought we were safe here."
Oliver Sullivan: "There's nothing safe anymore."

Cassie: "Did you shoot me?"
*flashback in Evan's mind*
Evan: "No. I saved you."

Cassie: "It's our hope that makes us human."