Vampire Academy (based on the novel by Richelle Mead
IMDB Summary: Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, half human-half vampire, a guardian of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discreetly within our world. Her calling is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi.
Director: Mark Waters
Writers: Richelle Mead (novel), Daniel Waters (screenplay)
Review: Rose Hathaway and Lissa Dragomir live at a hidden school, St. Vladimirs. It is a sanctuary for Moroi, good vampires who require blood and Dahmpirs, their guardians and offspring with humans. Lissa and Rose run away and are in a hotel, when Dimitri Belikov, a Russian Guardian recently employed by St. Vladimirs tracks them down and takes them back. When Lissa continously receives threats they realise something more sinister may be at work...

It's been so long since I read Vampire Academy! But from what I remember, the movie storyline followed the same sequence as the book well. Additionally, there are references to the modern world, not mentioned in the book but easily understood by most viewers. Danila is great, but I still do not envision him as the Dimitri of my dreams. I love that Zoey Deutch plays Rose Hathaway, she has the sass under wraps and it's the main reason I loved this movie. Lucy Fry is a great Lissa as well, a little too old. Sarah Hyland makes a very innocent, nerdy Natalie Dashkov, super believable.

I've been waiting for watch this movie ever since it was released, and I'm happy that I finally bothered to watch it. Dominic Sherwood as Christian has the right feel too! (Sorry about all the comments on the actors, it shows how dedicated I was to discovering the actors and their characters way back in 2014 before this movie was released.)

If you've read Vampire Academy, give this movie a chance! Of course, you might hate it, but you never know, you might love it like I did! For those who haven't read the book, as always I recommend reading the book first but the movie is easy to follow regardless.
IMDB Page
Favourite Acts:

Zoey Deutch - Rose Hatahway