Flawed by Cecelia AhernFlawed (Flawed #1) by Cecelia Ahern
Publisher: HarperCollins
Goodreads Summary: 
Celestine North lives a perfect life. She's a model daughter and sister, she's well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she's dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

But then Celestine encounters a situation in which she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found Flawed.
Rating: 4 Stars
Review: 

It was the most perfect moment in my life. 
It was the last perfect moment in my life.

Celestine North lives in a society of perfection; no errors of judgement, no compassion, and perhaps no humanity. When she makes a decision out of love, she finds herself thrust into a world she hasn't seen before. Even her connections can't save her from this one, and she must fight for her rights and navigate through turbulent, dangerous waters. But who can she really trust when everyone has motives?

I really want to give this book more stars, I really do. But it's too much like some other young adult books for me to feel like I can do so, but I tell you as a fellow reader that this is a 5/5 book. Celestine and Art's relationship ends when I expect it to, and I can easily guess many of the 'mystery' parts of the book, though some took me completely by surprise which I love. A few leads were left open to the next book.

When you see something, it can't be unseen. I know, deep down, that this evening I have learned something that can never be unlearned. And the part of my world that is altered will never be the same.

Some parts of the story, I absolutely adore. Events, quotes, actions... They're nothing short of truly amazing. The ending leaves you wanting more, and although I believe I know where the things they want to find are, we won't find out for sure until Perfect. While reading Flawed I thought a lot about instant love in Young Adult books. Flawed has a slight touch of it, but the second part completely swung it around.

You're a child who has found herself in a situation that is so much bigger than she is, and has no idea what to do.

Every character in Flawed has at least two sides, and to almost all, Celestine is just a pawn in their power game. But then there is Carrick, the silver prince whose intentions are never a given and disappears/reappears as fast as lightning. I can't help but be intrigued by him, curious as to who he really is and what he wants with Celestine. Juniper is also a mysterious character to me, there's more about her that needs to be revealed. Flawed is a true Young Adult masterpiece, yet another beautiful dystopian tale.
Purchase Location: ~I received a copy from HarperCollins NZ and willingly reviewed it~
Edition: Paperback
Buy the book:
Book Depository
Recommended for: Fans of Matched by Ally Condie.